Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Eyes

Kuchh is tarah meri palkein teri palkon se mila de
Aaansoon tere saare meri palkon pe sajaa de

--- Atif

A face, a nose, two eyes....two eyes, the only features visible through the carefully worn veil. Captivating, mesmerising....one can go on an on with metaphors...without being able to put the effect those eyes had in words. That was my state. Dumbstuck, I was and am still.

Long back, when I was in school, me and my friends spent most of our evenings by the side of the river, sitting and just gazing at the water. It had an inexplicable soothing effect on the minds. We were a bunch of teenagers whose otherwise high adrenaline was laid to rest for those few hours and an encompassing feeling of tranquility prevailed.

The moment I looked into those eyes, I was lost. The river side, the tranquility, everything came back to me in a flash. Time seemed to have stopped for a while.I didn't want to turn my gaze anywhere else, just wanted to keep staring at them, for hours and hours. She probably realised that I was staring at her. Suddenly, there was a hint of discomfort in those eyes. I knew that I did something which I generally don't and that is to stare a girl straight in the eyes for a long time. I wanted to take my gaze away. But the control I had on my gaze was gone. It was no longer in my hands. It was fixed on her. No matter how I tried, I couldn't take it away from her eyes, her face. She looked divine that day. Hadn't seen anyone like her before. Straight from a painter's painting or a poet's poem.

Those eyes still linger in my thoughts, my memories...captivating, mesmerising...one can go on an on with metaphors...

1 comment:

Surya, the Ayrus! said...

Dude, kick your aqss and write some more.. your readers deserve more peieces from you... ya tezpur, its beauty, and your she beauty, well.. so many things jus pass by your eyes in a whizz... sad to feel, they are gone forever re...